Attache Show Choir
|Clinton High School|
|401 Arrow Drive
|Motto||Where Excellence is the ONLY Option|
|Color(s)||Red & Black|
Clinton High School is a secondary school located in Clinton, Mississippi.
Superintendent: Dr. Phllip G. Burchfield
Principal: Anthony Goins
Assistant Principal: Areda Cockrell-Harris
Assistant Principal: Brian Fortenberry
Dr. Burchfield was named Clinton's Outstanding Citizen in 2013, and is a past president of the Mississippi Association of School Superintendents, the foremost education association in Mississippi. Former Superintendent Tommie Henderson was named 2007-2008 Mississippi Association of School Administrators' Superintendent of the Year.
Clinton High School enrolls approximately 1, 100 students per year in grades 10-12. It is a separate campus from the Clinton school district's ninth-grade campus, Sumner Hill, which enrolls an additional 350 students. Demographic information about CHS and other schools throughout the Clinton Public School District is posted annually on the Mississippi Department of Education Web site.
Clubs and Organizations
Clinton High School offers a variety of clubs and organizations that cater to the students' diverse needs.
Please visit the Arrows Athletics directory page for a complete listings of athletic programs throughout the Clinton Public School District, as well as coaching information, rosters and schedules:
Championships and awards
- The Clinton Percussion Indoor Percussion Unit won the WGI (Winter Guard International) Indoor Percussion Open Class World Championship in 2014
- The Clinton High School Arrows soccer team won the class 5A state championship 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2005, 2006, 2009 and 6A State Championship in 2012
- The Clinton High School Lady Arrows Track and Field team won the state championship in 2013, 2014, and 2015
- The Clinton High School Lady Kingpins bowling team won the state championship in 2007 and 2008.
- The Clinton High School Lady Arrows basketball team won the state championship in 2005.
- The Clinton High School Boys Cross Country team won the 5A state championship in 2010.
- Clinton High School was designated as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1982-1983.
- Clinton High School was one of only 50 in the nation to earn a Siemens Foundation Award for Advanced Placement in 2009, for the high quality of its college prep courses and instructors.