Choir gowns UK
- Lightweight black coat-style gown over a long (ankle length) black skirt and black sleeveless top with wide straps and a modest (not low) neck line.
- Upper undergarments that may be visible should also be black.
- Closed toe, smart black shoes; black tights.
- Discrete jewellery may be worn.
The choir gowns will be available to lady members, on a ‘long-term hire’ basis, for a one-off fee of £15. Gowns will remain the property of the Choir. Occasionally, the Choir may require ladies who are not singing in a performance to allow their gown to be worn by a new member who has not yet been fitted for a gown. In the event of a member ceasing to sing with the Choir, gowns must be returned to the Choir Secretary.
A helpful reasonably priced suggestion for ladies looking for long black skirts is to check out the skirts being sold by New Look or Marisota.
Christmas and Spring Concerts: Black Dinner Suit with white long sleeve shirt and black bow tie. Smart black shoes and black socks
Other concerts: Dark suit, white shirt and choir tie. Smart black shoes and black socks.
All: stage etiquette
- Folders are carried on and off stage closed, with the choir logo to the outside, facing the audience.
- When singing, folders are held in the left hand, with the right used to balance the folder and turn music only.
- Folders should remain closed when sitting and not singing. No music should be shuffled during this time.
- At the start of a new piece, music should be opened for each piece at the place where your part will start singing.
- Music should remain open until the accompaniment has finished.
- Music should also remain open between pieces if more than one is being sung at a time.
- Please give soloists due attention during their performances
- Each row of singers should stand together as one row, to process on stage as a group, when the row leader stands.
Share this Post
Choir gowns Canada
Mr. George Harcourt founded our company in Toronto in 1842. Harcourts is the oldest robemaker in North America. Harcourts…Read More
Choir gowns for Sale
IvyRobes is an experienced choir robes Dealer, offering a great selection of stock choir robe and custom tailored choir robes…Read More