Choir Uniforms for Youth
The appearance of the choir is a vital component of a polished performance. It is the parents' responsibility that their children are dressed appropriately in their uniforms for every performance.
The Preparatory and Intermediate Uniform
Preparatory Choir wears purple polo shirts with our logo and Intermediate Choir wears red polo shirts with our logo. The office staff handles the sizing and ordering of Polo shirts for both the Preparatory and Intermediate Choirs. Parents provide the rest of the uniform: pants, socks and shoes (see below for more information).
Black pants can be found at Target, Merry Mart Uniforms (Santa Clara), Lands End, and sometimes at Old Navy, the Gap, and Kohl’s
The following are NOT allowed: black leggings, black skirts, black cropped pants, black sports pants (dance pants o.k.). If you are not sure if your child’s pants are acceptable, please bring them in to be approved by the Uniform Coordinator.
Inexpensive black shoes can be found at Payless, Target, Kohl’s, and other stores.
The following are NOT allowed: black sandals, black sneakers
- Black Concert/Chamber Dress (parents purchase through Vivace); see details below
- Closed-toe black dress shoes – low heeled (maximum 2”) or flats
- Nude-colored hose
- Jewelry – single strand of collarbone-length pearls
- Makeup (optional) – light amount in subtle shades
- Hair off faces; any hair ornaments unobtrusive
- No perfume, brightly colored nail polish, or body glitter
- Vivace teal t-shirt (parents purchase through Vivace for informal appearances & workshops)
The dress is ankle length with short sleeves and a tie in the back. At the beginning of the semester, each new singer will be measured for proper sizing and the office staff will place a group order for all of the dresses.
- Vest (provided by Vivace); see details below
- Black pants
- Black long-sleeved dress shirt
- Black dress shoes
- Black socks
- Black belt
Except for the vest and t-shirt, all other items of clothing from the list must be supplied by the singer’s family.
- Black Dress (parents purchase through Vivace); see details below.
- Nude colored hose
- Jewelry – single strand of collarbone-length pearls and/or a single pair of small earrings
- Vivace black t-shirt (parents purchase through Vivace for informal appearances & workshops)
The dress is ankle length with cap sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. At the beginning of the semester, each new singer will be measured for proper sizing and the office staff will place a group order for all of the dresses.
- Tie (provided by Vivace)
Share this Post
Choir uniforms for Church
We ve received numerous requests for information on the history of choir robes. A complete account of the origin and background…Read More
Show Choir Uniforms
I sing in the SAS-sponsored VocalMotion show choir. It s like an adult version of Glee, except we have more pregnancies and…Read More