Horizon High School Choir
AP classes are college-level classes offered at the high school level. Once a student completes an AP class and passes a final comprehensive examination conducted by the College Board, the student earns college credit for the course. AP classes are specific and not to be confused with other higher-level classes such as honors classes.
"Extended day" programs where the school day is extended before and after school to accommodate working parents. These programs should not be confused with common after school clubs or athletic activities.
Gifted and Talented
A school system may identify 10% to 15% or more of its student population as gifted and talented. A brief description of each area of giftedness or talent as defined by the Office of Gifted and Talented:
- general intellectual ability or talent - high intelligence test score (usually two standard deviations above the mean), and high levels of vocabulary, memory, abstract work knowledge and abstract reasoning;
- specific academic aptitude or talent in one area such as mathematics or language arts;
- creative and productive thinking, the ability to produce new ideas;
- leadership ability, the ability to direct individuals or groups to a common decision or action;
- visual and performing arts, special talents in visual art, music, dance, drama, or other related studies;
- psychomotor ability, such as practical, spatial, mechanical, and physical skills.
Vocational and/or technical courses offered within a comprehensive school, usually a senior high school.
Special Education Classes
A school or program within a school that provides services and training to students with moderate to severe mental and/or physical disabilities.
Adult Education Classes
Programs offering GED or equivalent courses for adults within regular schools, whether classes are held during evening or daytime schedules.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Share this Post
Marcus High School Choir
Wednesday, April 13th at 6:45 pm in the MHS Arena Nationally recognized Internet safety expert Katie Greer shares trends…Read More
Armstrong High School Choir
Armstrong Concert Choir Courtesy of the ensemble Today s audio comes from Robbinsdale Armstrong High School Concert Choir…Read More