Bristol Choir School
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Bristol Cathedral Choir School - Application to Year 7 for September 2016
1. How do I apply to Year 7 at Bristol Cathedral Choir School?
- Simply complete the Common Application Form (CAF) provided and administered by your home Local Authority.
This must be submitted by 31st October 2015. Please make sure you name Bristol Cathedral Choir School as a preference of secondary school on this form.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to apply for a Music Specialism place for your child, you will also need to complete a Music Specialism Application form in addition to the Common Application Form. The Music Specialism Application Form will be available on this website by 25 September 2015 in order for your child to be included in the Music Aptitude Test. For further information on applying for a Music Specialism place, see FAQ nos. 7-17 below.
2. Is there any sort of test or entrance exam?
Bristol Cathedral Choir School no longer holds the Non Verbal Reasoning Test as part of its admissions process. The only test is for those applicants seeking a Music Specialism place.
3. Will Bristol Cathedral Choir School know my preference choices on my Common Application Form?
No. Bristol Cathedral Choir School will not know the preference choices of secondary schools made by parents/carers to their Local Authority, including where parents/carers have placed BCCS on the form.
4. Do you need to attend Church to apply to Bristol Cathedral Choir School?
No. The school is a Church of England faith school but we accept applications from people of all faiths and none. Faith is not an oversubscription criterion for the School.
5. What is the catchment area for Bristol Cathedral Choir School?
The Bristol Cathedral Choir School Determined Admission Arrangements (paragraph 5g.) state that places will be allocated by random allocation to those living in the following postcodes: BS1 to BS25, BS29 to BS37 and BS40 to BS49..
6. When will I know if my child has been offered a place?
Offers for September 2016 entry will be made by your Local Authority on the first working day on or after 1st March 2016. This is the national offer date.